About Our Brain Training Programs
Cognitive Skills Training for Adults & Children
LearningRx offers a variety of programs that target and strengthen weak cognitive skills. Our programs consist of fun, challenging mental exercises done in the context of a one-on-one training relationship. These mental workout sessions are customized to address the unique needs and abilities of each client and are designed to strengthen the foundational cognitive skills that enable our brains to think, learn, read, remember, pay attention, and solve problems.
These skills — attention, memory, auditory processing, logic and reasoning, processing speed, and more — impact our mental performance in every area of life, including school and work. The result? Dramatic, measurable improvements in mental performance.
A Program for Every Student
While each situation is unique, most clients spend 12 to 34 weeks training with us (not years like some tutoring programs). And, because our programs are priced similar to many interventions (about $90 an hour), the relatively brief length of many of our programs is a real plus to many families. Best of all, we offer a variety of programs to meet the needs of our clients.
Here’s a short description of each:
- ThinkRx® is our core program. Offered over a minimum of 12 weeks, this program works on all the core cognitive skills. Every client who is over seven years of age and in a full program trains with ThinkRx.
- ReadRx® incorporates ThinkRx® with ReadRx. A powerful reading intervention, ReadRx trains the cognitive skills of auditory processing (the skill that allows the brain to analyze, blend, and segment sounds) as well as other skills that are critical to reading success.
- ComprehendRx® takes reading intervention to a new level, focusing on the cognitive skills that are critical for reading comprehension. This program works on many cognitive skills, including visual processing, reasoning skills, sequential processing (the ability to understand and integrate information in order), working memory, and metacognitive strategies (the development of self-awareness and the ability to self-assess).
- MathRx® trains the cognitive skills needed to efficiently and effectively develop numerical fluency, learn math concepts, solve problems, and perform calculations.
- Einstein® includes ThinkRx®, ReadRx®, and MathRx®.
- LiftOff® is available to preschoolers through first graders and works on the foundational cognitive skills and early reading skills so important for early learners. These include auditory processing (the skill that allows the brain to analyze, blend, and segment sounds), attention, memory, processing speed, visual processing, and reasoning.
- StudyRx® helps clients develop stronger study skills. The program teaches clients 14 test-taking tips, 12 top learning strategies, as well as eight core study skills based on fictionalized stories of historical figures and the habits, skills, and perspectives that contributed to their success.
- Brain Booster programs are offered in two formats. The first is for adults who do not have a need for a full program, and instead are interested in doing mental exercises with a trainer at their own convenience. The Brain Booster program for adults is offered in 12, 18, or 24-session segments. Brain Booster is also offered to clients who have completed one of our other full programs and are interested in additional one-on-one training.
- BrainSkills® is a digital brain training program that can be used to supplement the one-on-one training that is the cornerstone of all our programs, or as a maintenance program for those who have completed one of our full one-on-one programs.
LearningRx will determine which program is right for each client. Potential clients cannot choose their own programs.
Key Ingredients of Effective Brain Training
In order to reap the rewards of cognitive enhancement, there are several ingredients that are required.
For optimal results, brain training:
- Must be regularly practiced
- Should be done in a one-on-one setting
- Needs to be intense
- Needs to be focused and targeted
- Need to be done in a particular sequence
- Requires immediate and accurate feedback
Over Three Decades of Experience
It’s important to note that our programs are backed by scientific testing and development. For over 35 years, we have been researching the industry, which has allowed us to modify and improve our programs. We have changed the lives of over 100,000 clients ages 5 to 94, and we have a 9.6 out of 10 client referral rating. A limited number of brain enhancement programs subscribe to this measure of credibility and standards.
Take Our Free Brain Quiz Today!
If you have a few minutes, we invite you to take our free online brain quiz, which will help uncover some weak areas and give you a little insight to the “why” behind certain learning difficulties you may be experiencing. If you want a more in-depth and detailed analysis, you can schedule a Brain Skills Assessment at your local brain training center. Reasonably priced and taking only about an hour to complete, this will help pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses and give our trainers (and you!) a more detailed understanding of what programs you or your child could benefit from.
Ready to enhance your life with the help of our brain training programs? LearningRx is ready to help you. Reach out to our team today at (866) 742-3888 to learn more!