MOST READING STRUGGLES ARE CAUSED BY THE SAME COGNITIVE WEAKNESS.
Auditory processing is the cognitive skill the brain uses to hear, segment, and blend sounds—and it is foundational to successful reading. In fact, studies show that weak auditory processing skills are at the root of 85% of all reading struggles!
This is why interventions that use cognitive training techniques to target and strengthen auditory processing and other cognitive abilities get such tremendous results.
LearningRx one-on-one brain training is a form of cognitive training that puts students with their own brain trainers for challenging (but fun!) mental workouts consisting of game-like mental exercises. Children work with their trainers about an hour a day, with programs typically running between 12 and 32 weeks. Improvement in cognitive performance can be dramatic.
Our experience with kids and adults with dyslexia and reading struggles.
Over a six-year period, 2,112 children and adults came to LearningRx with dyslexia and/or reading struggles. We measured the cognitive performance of these clients before brain training, and again after brain training, paying special attention to the cognitive skills associated with auditory processing. Here’s what we’ve learned:
- Among 2,112 clients who came to us with reading struggles and/or dyslexia, the largest gains after LearningRx brain training were seen in auditory processing, IQ, long-term memory, and broad attention.
- Among these same 2,112 clients, auditory processing skills improved an average of 27 percentile points following brain training.
- After just 6 months of training, age-equivalent cognitive skill performance improved by an average of 3.6 years.
- IQ scores improved by an average of 13 standard points after LearningRx brain training.
Here’s what these improvements look like on a graph:
*These are the results of past clients. You may or may not achieve similar results.
What are “percentiles”?
To learn more about LearningRx improvements, visit: www.learningrx.com/results
Listen as Angie, a mom of three LearningRx graduates, summarizes their brain training experience and improvements in reading this way: “Tutoring only gets you so far and I feel like LearningRx really unlocks the kids’ potential to be the best that they can be.”
Additional gains experienced by 109 families of dyslexia students.
To further measure the impact of brain training on real life, LearningRx surveyed parents of 109 kids with dyslexia who completed one of our programs. Obviously, experiences of individual students can vary, but the consistency of reported improvements are definitely worth sharing:
- Many parents reported classroom improvements such as faster reading, improved reading comprehension, and stronger memory for details.
- Almost half of the parents reported better grades after completing brain training, and more than half reported increased confidence in school.
- Parents also reported more positive relationships with peers, more independence in completing homework, and increased participation and better performance in sports.
We call it brain training. Our clients (and their families) call it life changing.
Find out if cognitive training can make life easier for you or someone you love. The first step is to call a LearningRx center near you and schedule an initial brain skills Assessment. The Assessment takes about an hour and is very reasonably priced. Even better, it will give you a world of information about cognitive strengths and weaknesses, as well as insights into the next best step. Call us today and get the answers you need.