ADHD Help in Texarkana
Brain Training for Attention Struggles & More
No matter how old you are, difficulties with focusing and paying attention can affect your quality of life. Whether it’s at school or work—or just in everyday life—you use these skills frequently. An attention disorder can disrupt your ability to finish schoolwork, focus on job tasks, drive your car, and so much more. That’s why LearningRx Texarkana is here to help.
While LearningRx Texarkana doesn’t diagnose or treat ADHD, our programs have improved the cognitive performance of clients with many diagnoses, including ADHD. Through cognitive training, we have been able to help our clients with ADHD develop stronger focusing, memory, and processing skills.
Want more information? Schedule a consultation with our team!
Our Experience Working with ADHD Clients
Over a nine-year period, 6,466 children and adults came to LearningRx with the diagnosis of ADHD. We measured the cognitive skills of these clients before and after brain training, and here’s what we learned:
- Among the 6,466 clients who came to us with ADHD, the greatest deficits were in processing speed, working memory (also known as short-term memory), and long-term memory. This suggests that kids and adults with ADHD need an intervention that addresses more than just attention deficits. LearningRx brain training does that!
- Among these same 6,466 clients, not only were dramatic gains seen in the three deficits mentioned above, broad attention skills improved an average of 3.2 years.
- IQ scores also improved after LearningRx brain training.
Here’s what these improvements look like on a graph:
“Pre- and Post-Training Cognitive Performance among LearningRx Clients with ADHD”
*These are the results of past clients. You may or may not achieve similar results.
More Information on ADHD & Attention Struggles
What Is ADHD?
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a condition that impacts the ability to focus and pay attention. The term is used whether hyperactivity is a factor or not, and children and adults of any age can struggle with the disorder. Our brain training and cognitive development services have helped people who struggle with ADHD and other attention difficulties.
How can parents help children struggling with ADHD?
There are many ways parents can help their children that have been diagnosed with ADHD, including:
- Structure and Routine – Creating structure for your child and sticking to it can help ease them into their day-to-day. Give them a routine they can stick to and provide stability, especially when it comes to sleep routines and chores/tasks. They will be less likely to become distracted, overwhelmed, or irritable.
- Encourage Activity and Thoughtfulness – Find physical outlets for your child, whether through sports or other physical activities. Giving them an outlet for energy contributes to structure and can help improve focus. Additionally, encourage behaviors that include thoughtfulness, like pausing before speaking or thinking out loud. This will help your child develop skills that will allow them to think before acting.
- Stay Positive – Your child will feed and take on your energy. Even though it can be tough at times, stay calm and positive when interacting with your child. Affirm them and focus on positive reinforcement.
Are tutors effective for students with ADHD?
Tutors can be really beneficial for helping students memorize material through additional repetition. For students with ADHD or difficulties staying focused, this additional repetition can get easily lost, especially when the student doesn’t have strong developed cognitive skills.
At LearningRx Texarkana, we provide that missing link between learning the skills and learning the material. Through brain and cognitive training, we can help students build skills that allow them to make connections and learn in a new way. Learn more about our services by contacting our team today!
Additional links and resources
- ADHD: The High Cost of Attention Problems
- The Difference Between ADD and ADHD
- What are the ADD ADHD symptoms?
- Tutoring for Children with ADHD: Is It Effective?
- Four Things You Might Not Know About ADHD
Get Started Today with Our Free Brain Quiz
Take our free brain quiz to learn more about your cognitive strengths and weaknesses and how LearningRx Texarkana can help you or someone you love with ADHD or other attention struggles. Then reach out to our Texarkana brain training center to schedule your Brain Skills Assessment. The Assessment takes about an hour to complete, is reasonably priced, and will give you and our team unique insight into your cognitive abilities and allow us to customize the best program for you.
Contact LearningRx Texarkana today by dialing (903) 420-4418.