We Have Programs for All Ages!
Throughout our lives, we never stop learning. From speech and language development through formal schooling and secondary education and into our young adult, middle-age and senior years, the world is an amazing place, ripe for discovery. The brain is always (and should always) be in a state of learning!
But learning is not an easy task for everyone. When cognitive skills are weak, learning becomes more difficult than it needs to be, leaving both kids and adults feeling like the world is passing them by. It can be frustrating and lead to low self-esteem. That’s why, at LearningRx, we offer brain training for students of all ages.
Preschool (Ages 4-5)
During the preschool years, as their cognitive skills develop, normal developmental milestones for children include:
- Playing at an activity for 5-15 minutes or more
- Creating and imitating sounds; rhyming
- Identifying parts of a whole
- Asking “why” and “how” questions
- Starting to identify some letters and numbers
- Starting to name colors and shapes
- Recognizing their name in print
- Following basic rules to games
If you feel like your preschool-age child is lagging in some of these important developmental areas or you would like to give your preschooler a boost, we offer our LiftOff® program. At the center, we help lay a solid cognitive foundation to set your child up for a successful lifetime of learning while also helping to boost any weak cognitive skills in these early years.
If your child’s cognitive skills are strong, normal developmental milestones for children during these years include:
- Following two and three-step directions
- Reciting their full name, age and address
- Being able to answer who, what, where, when and why questions
- Establishing reading, writing and math fundamentals
The baseline training for every client age 6-99 is our ThinkRx® program. In ThinkRx®, we hone in on the core 7 cognitive skills that everyone uses to think, learn, remember, and pay attention. By building a solid foundation in skills like processing speed, working memory, logic & reasoning, and more, clients experience the ability to learn easier, learn faster, and perform better in school and life.
During the early elementary years, however, reading struggles often manifest. If you notice this happening with your child, our ReadRx® program can help! Our program is modeled after the process by which spoken language is first learned. Our sound-to-code reading approach can boost your child’s reading competency. While weak auditory processing skills are the most common cognitive weakness that contributes to reading difficulty, we can help boost all weak cognitive skills and make reading easier for your child.
During the preadolescent years, normal developmental milestones include:
- Thinking about abstract concepts
- Developing logical thinking
- Developing a strategic approach to problems
- Developing deductive reasoning skills
- Improving memory and executive function
If your tween is having a difficult time reading and comprehending written material, ComprehendRx® can have a positive impact on your child’s learning process by helping to target core skills necessary for reading comprehension. The goal of the program is for students to better understand written materials and oral instructions, as well as, read faster and think more deeply and analytically about the material being presented. We also aim for improved understanding, retention, and application.
In the early and middle adolescent years, normal developmental milestones include:
- Beginning to form and verbalize their own thoughts and views
- Beginning to use formal logical operations in their schoolwork
- Engaging in more analysis
- Forming their own code of ethics and developing their own identity
- Setting goals for the future and engaging in long-term thinking
Throughout the mid to late adolescent years, some normal developmental milestones include:
- Entertaining thoughts on global issues
- Developing idealistic views
- Making some career decisions
- Engaging in long-term thinking about their future role in society
If math is a struggle for your tween or teen, we can help! MathRx® targets the underlying cognitive skills that are required to efficiently and effectively learn mathematical concepts. Many of our increasingly challenging exercises focus on promoting numerical fluency and executive functioning skills that underlie successful math performance.
StudyRx® is another program we offer that can help tweens through college students by equipping them with skills they need to succeed in school and be prepared for life beyond academia. Our StudyRx® program addresses:
- Goal-setting strategies
- Organizational skills
- Study habits
- Essay writing
- Visualization and memory skills
- Note-taking skills
- Test-taking skills
- Homework success strategies
- Planning and prioritizing skills
- Time management skills
Career and beyond
At its core, ThinkRx® and our Adult Brain Booster® contain drills and exercises that help attack and correct weak cognitive skills that effect memory and attention and make learning easier for adults of ALL ages.
It’s a new year, how about a new brain! In 2021, if you think you or your loved one could benefit from any of our LearningRx programs, we would love to speak with you! Visit our website or contact us here to learn more!