Tips on building S.M.A.R.T. brain skills
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Tanya Mitchell
Brain Training Company Shares Tips on
Building S.M.A.R.T. Brain Skills
LearningRx offers advice on strengthening
cognitive skills for 2019
National brain training company LearningRx is sharing tips on how to build your brain skills in 2016 using the S.M.A.R.T. approach.
Using Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time-related goals, it’s possible for anyone to work on their cognitive skills—such as memory, auditory and visual processing, logic & reasoning, attention, and processing speed. Some of the recommendations from LearningRx include:
- One-on-one brain training, which incorporates immediate feedback, intensity, loading, and other features to target cognitive skills.
- Mental games that you can play at home, at the store or in the car, such as Needle in a Haystack, 20 Questions, Mental Tic Tac Toe, etc.
- Adding time constraints to everyday mental tasks, such as paying bills, with a stopwatch.
- Losing the list: using mnemonics to remember your grocery list and other items.
- Adding distractions: seeking out interruptions while you read or write to build attention skills.
- Mental math: keeping a running total of your grocery bill in your head as you add items to the cart.
- Regular exercise, good nutrition, social interaction, quality sleep, and learning something new.
“Many people focus on New Year’s resolutions for weight loss, financial freedom, or career goals,” says Tanya Mitchell, Chief Research & Development Officer for LearningRx (www.learningrx.com) and coauthor of “Unlock the Einstein Inside” (www.unlocktheeinsteininside.com). “We’re encouraging people to apply those same methods and guidelines to target their cognitive skills in 2019.”
To learn more about LearningRx’s recommendations, call (719)-264-8808 or visit www.learningrx.com.