Reading & Dyslexia Help in Huntsville
Enhancing the Lives of Our Clients
Auditory processing is the cognitive skill the brain uses to hear, segment, and blend sounds—and it is foundational to successful reading. In fact, studies show that weak auditory processing skills are at the root of approximately 85% of all reading struggles! This is why interventions that use cognitive training techniques to target and strengthen auditory processing and other cognitive abilities get such tremendous results.
At LearningRx - Huntsville, we pair clients with their own brain trainers for one-on-one training that consists of challenging yet fun cognitive exercises. These game-like mental workouts strengthen the skills that are integral to reading comprehension. With a brain training program uniquely adapted for every client, clients of all ages can experience benefits that can enhance their life. Many of our past clients have experienced dramatic results.
WE'VE HELPED 2,494 CHILDREN & ADULTS WITH DYSLEXIA & READING STRUGGLES
Over a nine-year period, 2,494 children and adults came to LearningRx with dyslexia and/or reading struggles. We measured the cognitive performance of these clients before brain training, and again after brain training, paying special attention to the cognitive skills associated with auditory processing.
Here’s what we’ve learned:
- Among 2,494 clients who came to us with reading struggles and/or dyslexia, the largest gains after LearningRx brain training were seen in auditory processing, long-term memory, and broad attention.
- After just six months of training, age-equivalent cognitive skill performance improved an average of 3.7 years.
- IQ scores also improved after LearningRx brain training.
Here’s what these improvements look like on a graph:
*These are the results of past clients. You may or may not achieve similar results.
Over a nine-year period, LearningRx tested the cognitive skills of 21,974 clients before and after brain training, which revealed dramatic gains in seven core areas if cognitive performance, including IQ score. The following scores are represented below in percentiles, which show where someone ranks compared to 99 of their peers.
Angie, a mom of three LearningRx graduates, summarizes their brain training experience and improvements in reading this way: “Tutoring only gets you so far and I feel like LearningRx really unlocks a child’s potential to be the best that they can be.”
Additional Gains Experienced by Families of Dyslexia Clients
To further measure the impact of brain training on real life, LearningRx surveyed parents of 109 kids with dyslexia who completed one of our programs. The experiences of individual clients can vary, but the consistency of reported improvements is definitely worth sharing:
- Many parents reported classroom improvements such as faster reading, improved reading comprehension, and stronger memory for details.
- Almost half of the parents reported better grades after completing brain training, and more than half reported increased confidence in school.
- Parents also reported more positive relationships with peers, more independence in completing homework, and increased participation and better performance in sports.
Train Your Brain, Enhance Your Life
If you struggle with dyslexia or reading difficulties and are interested in learning more, we invite you to take our online brain skills quiz. This brief, three-minute exercise will give you a bit of insight into how you perform compared to your peers and can highlight some of your potential weak cognitive areas.
After you take the quiz, reach out to the friendly team at our LearningRx - Huntsville brain training center to schedule your Brain Skills Assessment. It’s time to turn your struggles into successes!