ADHD & Attention Help in Eden Prairie
Cognitive Skills Training for Children and Students with ADHD or Attention Struggles
No matter how old you are, difficulties with focusing and paying attention can affect your quality of life. Whether it’s at school or work—or just in everyday life—you use these skills frequently. An attention disorder can disrupt your ability to finish schoolwork, focus on job tasks, drive your car, and so much more. That’s why LearningRx is here to help.
If your child is struggling to focus, contact LearningRx - Eden Prairie and schedule a consultation today!
What is ADHD?
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) is a condition that impacts the ability to focus and pay attention. The term is used whether hyperactivity is a factor or not, and children and adults of any age can struggle with the disorder. Our brain training and cognitive development services have helped people who struggle with ADHD and other attention difficulties.
While LearningRx - Eden Prairie doesn’t diagnose or treat ADHD, our programs have improved the cognitive performance of clients with many diagnoses, including ADHD. In fact, more clients come to us diagnosed with ADHD than any other condition, so we have a lot of experience with this struggle.
- The Difference Between ADD & ADHD
- What are Symptoms of ADD & ADHD?
- Is Tutoring Effective for Children with ADHD?
How Parents Can Help Children with Attention Struggles
Attention struggles can impede on your child’s academic success, but some help and guidance can help keep them on track and on pace. Here are some quick tips for parents who want to help their child build their attention skills.
- Be involved. Whether your child is diagnosed with ADHD or just struggles with attention, learn as much as you can about your child’s behavior, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Be purposeful. Make sure to talk to your child openly and warmly about these struggles. Help your child understand ADHD and their attention struggles and talk openly about what that means.
- Be supportive. Exhibit supportive communication and focus on positive qualities or strengths. Let your child know that you care about them and want to help.
- Be connected. Other parents are experiencing the same things you are. Find a support organization or group that understands the struggles of ADHD and other attention troubles.
- Be collaborative, particularly with your child’s school, teacher, tutor, or brain training coach. Make sure to ask questions and learn more ways to bring their lessons home so your child can continue to build on their developing skills.
Want more tips? Work with our team at LearningRx - Eden Prairie for more insight on ADHD brain training programs and more.
Our Experience with ADHD Clients
Over a six-year period, 5,416 children and adults came to LearningRx with the diagnosis of ADHD. We measured the cognitive skills of these clients before and after brain training, and here’s what we’ve learned:
- Among the 5,416 clients who came to us with ADHD, the greatest deficits were in processing speed, working memory (also known as short-term memory), and long-term memory. This suggests that kids and adults with ADHD need an intervention that addresses more than just attention deficits. LearningRx brain training does that!
- Among these same 5,416 clients, not only were dramatic gains seen in the three deficits mentioned above, broad attention skills improved an average of 3.2 years
- IQ scores improved by an average of 15 standard points after LearningRx brain training
Here’s what these improvements look like on a graph:
“Pre- and Post-Training Cognitive Performance among LearningRx Clients with ADHD”
*These are the results of past clients. You may or may not achieve similar results.
Take our free brain quiz to learn more about your cognitive strengths and weaknesses and how LearningRx can help you or someone you love with ADHD or other attention struggles. Then reach out to our Eden Prairie brain training center to schedule your Brain Skills Assessment. The Assessment takes about an hour to complete, is reasonably priced, and will give you and our team unique insight into your cognitive abilities and allow us to customize the best program for you.