LearningRx - Costa Mesa Irvine’s FAQs
Answers About our Brain Training Center in Costa Mesa Irvine
If you are considering cognitive skills training for you or someone you love, you most likely have questions. From how it works to our scientific research to our results, there is a lot to learn about our brain training center in Costa Mesa Irvine.
It’s important to know that we do not diagnose or cure any conditions. Our brain training programs are the result of over 35 years of research, testing, development, and refinement and give clients the push they need to strengthen and overcome their cognitive weaknesses. We’ve compiled a list of the most common questions prospective LearningRx clients have. Feel free to look them over, and if you still have lingering concerns, please reach out to our team.
How is LearningRx brain training different from online brain training games?
- Customize our services to the unique needs of each client
- Challenge clients to push themselves to reach their potential
- Reassure clients that failure is not something they should avoid, yet a stepping stone to success
- Encourage struggling clients to embrace the challenges and celebrate their gains
Is brain training similar to tutoring?
Tutoring is best for reteaching difficult content that wasn’t grasped the first time; brain training strengthens weak cognitive skills to make it easier to grasp new information.
Tutoring is best for students who:
- Didn’t learn classroom content due to absence
- Were distracted in school by outside elements
- Benefit from reviewing material a second time
Will my child outgrow his or her learning struggle?
What causes reading struggles?
Is brain training just for students?
No! We are perfect for adults and children of all ages! We have helped clients between the ages of 5 and 84. Since cognitive weaknesses do not go away with age, everyone can experience them at any age. Kids who don’t address their struggles today can experience further difficulties when they are older.
How do I get started?
There are two steps to getting started:
- Our free online brain quiz is a great first step and one you can take in the comfort of your own home. This three-minute quiz will give you an idea of how you are performing in comparison to your peers. You’ll also get a basic understanding of what cognitive skills could benefit from strengthening.
- After you take the quiz, reach out to our Costa Mesa Irvine brain training center to schedule your Brain Skills Assessment with one of our trainers. It takes about an hour to complete, is reasonably priced, and our trainer will get a vast understanding of your cognitive abilities. From here, we’ll be able to customize a plan that will fit your needs.