Colorado Springs Dyslexia Services
Helping Individuals Overcome Learning Disorders
Dyslexia is a learning disorder that many Americans live with and may not even know it. In fact, at least 5-10% of people in the U.S. show signs of dyslexia. These signs can include difficulty reading and challenges with reading comprehension, writing, and spelling. Many people experience shame and embarrassment because they’re unsure why they have struggles in these areas. Fortunately, LearningRx - Colorado Springs is here to support you or a loved one and remove the negative stigmas that follow those who experience learning difficulties.
Our Colorado Springs team provides individuals with:
- Engaging and fun activities without the traditional workbook
- A comfortable space for everyone to learn new methods and techniques without judgment
- Results-based dyslexia support and brain training to help with long-term success
As a local business backed by the resources and training of a brand with over 35 years of experience, we are so proud to offer detailed and compassionate assistance to you or your loved one.
For more information about our dyslexia training services in Colorado Springs, call (719) 309-4030.
Important Facts About Dyslexia
There are a lot of misconceptions about people who live with dyslexia and other learning disorders. Our Colorado Springs team wants to help dispel some of those myths with a few facts you may (or may not) know.
Some facts about dyslexia include:
- The learning disorder is not an indication of intelligence. Many people who live with dyslexia
- actually score very high on IQ tests.
- Children who are diagnosed with dyslexia don’t outgrow it.
- Dyslexia doesn’t necessarily worsen over time, but it can be exacerbated when someone is stressed or distracted.
- Many people who live with dyslexia show a high aptitude for fields like science and mathematics.
With our brain training and dyslexia support program, we help individuals of all ages and backgrounds to overcome cognitive struggles.
Our Experience with Dyslexia Clients
To further measure the impact of brain training on real life, LearningRx surveyed parents of 109 kids with dyslexia who completed one of our programs. The experiences of individual clients can vary, but the consistency of reported improvements is worth sharing:
- Many parents reported classroom improvements such as faster reading, improved reading comprehension, and stronger memory for details.
- Almost half of the parents reported better grades after completing brain training, and more than half reported increased confidence in school.
- Parents also reported more positive relationships with peers, more independence in completing homework, increased participation, and better performance in sports.
Dyslexia Information & Resources:
- What Does Dyslexia Feel Like?
- Dispelling the Myth About Dyslexia
- The real cause of Dyslexia: Brain Scans Show the Story
- Learning to Read When You Have Dyslexia
- 12 Dyslexia Myths and the Truth