Dyslexia Help in Colorado Springs
Tutoring & Brain Training for Dyslexia
At LearningRx - Colorado Springs, our brain training programs are designed to help people with many different learning struggles and disorders, including individuals with dyslexia. Our team has helped those who were struggling in school or work find success by sharpening the underlying cognitive skills that allowed them to learn faster and easier. Our practices are based on over 35 years of research. Learn more about how our services can help if you or your child are struggling with dyslexia in the Colorado Springs area.
What Is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia is a learning disorder affects a person’s ability to recognize and manipulate language and its sounds. This disorder impacts a person’s ability to read, write, spell, and learn new words. About 5-10% of Americans demonstrate some symptoms of dyslexia, like slow reading or mixing up words. If you or your child has been diagnosed with dyslexia and is struggling in school, there are services like brain training that can help.
Why Traditional Teaching Might Not Help Dyslexia
If your child is already struggling with reading and writing, chances are it isn’t a positive experience for them. At that point, traditional teaching or tutoring isn’t beneficial due to the negative connotation and experience. At LearningRx - Colorado Springs, we approach dyslexia help differently than traditional teaching methods, because we provide cognitive brain training and skill development. To learn more about our methods for dyslexia struggles, contact our team for a consultation.
Our Experience with Dyslexia Clients
To further measure the impact of brain training on real life, LearningRx surveyed parents of 109 kids with dyslexia who completed one of our programs. The experiences of individual clients can vary, but the consistency of reported improvements is worth sharing:
- Many parents reported classroom improvements such as faster reading, improved reading comprehension, and stronger memory for details.
- Almost half of the parents reported better grades after completing brain training, and more than half reported increased confidence in school.
- Parents also reported more positive relationships with peers, more independence in completing homework, increased participation, and better performance in sports.
Dyslexia Information & Resources:
- What Does Dyslexia Feel Like?
- Dispelling the Myth About Dyslexia
- The real cause of Dyslexia: Brain Scans Show the Story
- Learning to Read When You Have Dyslexia
- 12 Dyslexia Myths and the Truth