Our Programs in Canon City
Boosting Cognitive Skills in Adults & Children
LearningRx® is proud to offer a number of brain training programs in Canon City that focus on and strengthen weak cognitive skills while also improving reading comprehension. Our programs are made up of one-on-one mental exercises that are both challenging and fun. These mental workout sessions are customized to address each client’s unique abilities and needs. They’re specially designed to strengthen the foundational cognitive skills that enable our brains to think, learn, read, remember, pay attention, and solve problems.
These skills— attention, memory, auditory processing, logic and reasoning, processing speed, and more—impact our mental performance in every area of life, including school and work.
Here’s a short description of each of our brain training programs:
- ThinkRx is our core program. Offered over a minimum of 12 weeks, this program works on all the core cognitive skills. Every client who is over seven years of age and in a full program trains with ThinkRx.
- ReadRx incorporates ThinkRx with ReadRx. A powerful reading intervention, ReadRx trains the cognitive skills of auditory processing (the skill that allows the brain to analyze, blend, and segment sounds) as well as other skills that are critical to reading success.
- ComprehendRx takes reading intervention to a new level, focusing on the cognitive skills that are critical for reading comprehension. This program works on many cognitive skills, including visual processing, reasoning skills, sequential processing (the ability to understand and integrate information in order), working memory, and metacognitive strategies (the development of self-awareness and the ability to self-assess).
- MathRx trains the cognitive skills needed to efficiently and effectively develop numerical fluency, learn math concepts, solve problems, and perform calculations.
- Einstein includes ThinkRx, ReadRx, and MathRx.
- LiftOff is available to preschoolers through first graders and works on the foundational cognitive skills and early reading skills so important for early learners. These include auditory processing (the skill that allows the brain to analyze, blend, and segment sounds), attention, memory, processing speed, visual processing, and reasoning.
- StudyRx helps clients develop stronger study skills. The program teaches clients 14 test-taking tips, 12 top learning strategies, as well as eight core study skills based on fictionalized stories of historical figures and the habits, skills, and perspectives that contributed to their success.
- Brain Booster programs are offered in two formats. The first is for adults who do not have a need for a full program, and instead are interested in doing mental exercises with a trainer at their own convenience. The Brain Booster program for adults is offered in 12, 18, or 24-session segments. Brain Booster is also offered to clients who have completed one of our other full programs and are interested in additional one-on-one training.
- BrainSkills is a digital brain training program that can be used to supplement the one-on-one training that is the cornerstone of all our programs, or as a maintenance program for those who have completed one of our full one-on-one programs.
Choosing the Right Program
With a brain training program uniquely adapted for every client, clients of all ages can experience benefits that can enhance their life. Because these programs cost about the same as many interventions, the short length of our programs is a plus to many families. Best of all, we offer a number of programs to accommodate the needs of our clients. LearningRx - Canon City will determine what program is right for each student. Potential clients cannot choose their own programs.
The Recipe for Effective Brain Training
A variety of ingredients are required in order to reap the rewards of cognitive enhancement.
For optimal results, cognitive skills training:
- Requires immediate and accurate feedback
- Need to be done in a particular sequence
- Needs to be focused and targeted
- Needs to be intense
- Should be done in a one-on-one setting
- Must be regularly practiced
More Than 35 Years of Experience
Please note that our programs are backed by scientific testing and development. For more than three decades, we have been researching the industry, which has given us the opportunity to modify and improve our programs. We have changed the lives of more than 100,000 clients between the ages 5 and 94, and we have a 9.6 out of 10 client referral rating. Very few of our industry competitors subscribe to this measure of credibility and standards.
Take Our Online Brain Quiz – It’s Free!
We invite you to take a few minutes to complete our free online brain quiz. This will help you determine some of your cognitive weaknesses and can even give you a little insight as to why you struggle in these areas. For a more in-depth and detailed analysis, you can schedule a Brain Skills Assessment at our Canon City brain training center. Reasonably priced and taking only about an hour of your time, this Assessment will help pinpoint your strengths and weaknesses and give our trainers a good idea of what programs you or your child could benefit from.