Brain-boosting pumpkin recipes
Few things represent fall like the pumpkin but its benefits go far behind seasonal decor! Consuming pumpkin and its seeds have several health benefits, including:
• Pumpkin and pumpkin seeds are rich in fiber, which promotes a healthy gut. Healthy guts have been linked to better brain health.
• Pumpkin seeds help burn fat.
• Pumpkin seed oil contains phytoestrogens, which may lower blood pressure and reduce hypertension.
• Pumpkin seeds, like turkey, are loaded with Tryptophan, which produces serotonin. Serotonin helps you fall asleep and boosts your mood!
• Pumpkin seeds are full of magnesium, which has been reported to relieve stress and anxiety.
Ready to include pumpkin in your fall meals, snacks, and desserts? Check out some of these healthy recipes!
1. Pumpkin Marinara (great on pizza!)
2. Healthy Pumpkin Muffins (sweetened with honey or maple syrup)
3. Roasted Pumpkin Seeds (6 flavors!)
4. Simple Pumpkin Soup
5. Pumpkin, Beef, and Black Bean Chili