5 Cool Facts About Being Left-handed
Today is National Left-hander's Day and we've gathered some cool facts about being left-handed!
1. It's estimated that 10% of the world is "southpaws."
2. Numerous student indicate that left-handed people are more prone to dyslexia, ADHD, and psychological disorders.
3. Some animals appear to be left-handed. Kangaroos tend to favor their left paw for eating an grooming, and approximately 90% of parrots use their left food to pick up food.
4. A study published in the book "Cerebral Dominance: The Biological Foundations" found that left-handed people were 2.5 times more likely to have auto-immune disorders and 11 times more likely to have allergies.
5. Lefties tend to recover language abilities from strokes faster.