10 Ways ADHD Manifests in Boys
ADDitude Magazine shared a great article about the many ways ADHD manifests in boys—beyond hyperactivity and impulsivity. The following traits are especially prevalent in the adolescent years:
1. Struggles with "self-directed" talk
2. Difficulty sustaining attention on things that aren't viewed as interesting (and hyperfocusing on things that are!)
3. Weak episodic memory
4. Difficulty visualizing things in the future.
5. Struggles conceptualizing how much time is required of something
6. Inconsistent situational awareness
7. Weak perspective-taking skills
8. Putting the size of a problem into perspective
9. Troubles adapting to sudden change
10. Over-reacting to rejection
To read the full article, visit https://www.additudemag.com/adhd-in-boys-signs-video/.
If you're concerned your son may have ADHD, you can start by scheduling a one-hour brain skills assessment with LearningRx. You'll get insight into your son's cognitive strengths and weaknesses. From there, you can decide on possible next steps, including a personal brain training program to target and train ALL weak cognitive skills! Just visit this page about LearningRx and attention struggles to get started: https://www.learningrx.com/who-we-help/attention-struggles-adhd/