Tips to Help Build Children's Reading Skills
June 10 is National Children’s Day
LearningRx Personal Brain Training Company Reviews
Tips to Help Build Children’s Reading Skills
COLORADO SPRINGS, CO – June 10 is National Children’s Day and one-on-one brain training company LearningRx (www.LearningRx.com) is sharing tips to help parents build their child’s reading skills.
- Choose books on topics they love. Does your son love trucks? Does your daughter love owls? Ask the librarian to recommend books on those topics.
- Strengthen their core cognitive skills. Research shows that most reading struggles are due to weak cognitive skills. In children and teens with dyslexia, those skills are often phonemic awareness and auditory processing. Consider having your child’s cognitive skills assessed and then trained. Read more about how personal brain training can help: (www.LearningRx.com)
- Reward them for milestones. When a child reads his first book on his own or finishes an entire series, celebrate in grand fashion.
- Make sure they’re reading at the right level. Librarians are trained to help you find books to match your child’s reading skill level, so let them help. If you choose a book that’s too easy, your child may get bored; too hard and they may give up.
- Take them to the library. In addition to offering a great selection of books, many libraries have storytime, reading-related fundraisers and “meet the author” events.
Looking for tips to help improve your child’s reading comprehension?
LearningRx, headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, is the largest educational brain training organization in the world. With 80 Centers in the U.S., and locations in over 40 countries around the globe, LearningRx has helped more than 100,000 individuals sharpen their cognitive skills to help them think faster, learn easier, and perform better. The company’s on-site programs partner every client one on one with a personal brain trainer to keep clients engaged, accountable, and on task—a key advantage over online-only brain exercises. Their pioneering methods have been used in clinical settings for over 35 years and have been verified as beneficial in peer-reviewed research papers and journals. To learn more about LearningRx research results, programs and their 9.6 out of 10 client satisfaction rating, visit http://www.LearningRx.com/.